Re: mtab (was: Re: path+file_name from port or process info?

From: Marcus Brinkmann
Subject: Re: mtab (was: Re: path+file_name from port or process info?
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 22:06:39 +0200

On Thu, Jul 25, 2002 at 04:02:52PM -0400, David Walter wrote:
> If   so,  shouldn't     _hurd_canonicalize_filename_directory_internal
> (peropen->cntl->underlying,0,0) return the path name if called in the
> server's open hook?

No, you are using the wrong file port.  You must use the one returned when
attaching the filesystem (see the existing code!).  The underlying node is
only provided once to you at startup.

> static error_t
> open_hook (struct trivfs_peropen *peropen)

Those ports are provided by yourself (basically), they don't contain
anything you don't put into them.

> > This is MiG auto-mutation, where a port is matched to a structure.  Just
> > ignore it ;)
>
> Oh? Where  should I go to find  out about when these translations take
> place, and which side of the  rpc which is  used? Is there a doc about
> when this happens and how to follow the mapping?

Search for MUTATION, mutation and alike in the Hurd source code, and read
the MiG docs in the Server Writer manual from CMU.

Thanks,
Marcus

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de/