Re: "large" partitions support ?

From: Niels Möller
Subject: Re: "large" partitions support ?
Date: 05 Aug 2002 18:57:35 +0200

Wolfgang Jährling <wolfgang@pro-linux.de> writes:

> We do not have a limit on the size of partitions.  What we do have,
> though, is a limit on the size of file systems.

I think that's sligtly misleading. For instance, I think I've seen
reports on huge nfs filesystems working fine. The ~1GB limit applies
when mounting a store (usually a disk partition) as an ext2 or similar
filesystem.

I *think* the limit is still there, but there have been recent
progress on related things. It would be interesting with an update on
which pieces are still missing.

/Niels