internship on the Hurd

From: Roel Neefs
Subject: internship on the Hurd
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 16:06:29 +0200 (CEST)

Hello,

In a few weeks i'll start my internship in my last year at university
(applied computer science).  Since my professor allowed me to do this
working on The Hurd, i'm now looking for a nice part to work on. :)

I was thinking about implementing GNU/Linux binary emulation. I know it is
not very free-software minded, because in a perfect world, all sources are
available. But at the moment a lot of programs are only available in
binary form, especially commercial software. I think it would attract more
users to the Hurd if there was a way to use these programs in the Hurd.

Does anybody have some ideas about it already? or is it just unnecessary
or impossible to do this?
All ideas are welcome

kind regards,
Roel Neefs
Zblob at #hurd

Roel Neefs                             Board Member of Infogroep
2de licentie                                           Treasurer
Toegepaste Informatica                     rneefs@igwe.vub.ac.be