Re: gnumach aha152x SCSI controller detection.

From: Clemmitt Sigler
Subject: Re: gnumach aha152x SCSI controller detection.
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 16:43:36 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 8 Oct 2002, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
> There is no way to pass infos to the drivers at run time.  You could try
> diddling gnumach-1.3/linux/dev/drivers/scsi/aha152x.c, for example by
> defining SETUP0 instead AUTOCONF for the #ifdef MACH case.

Voila!  Thanks go Marcus (and Jeff) for the solution.  I edited
the aha152x.c file.  Inside the `#ifdef MACH' block I commented out
the `#define AUTOCONF 1' line and I added the following line:

#define SETUP0 { 0x340, 11, 7, 1, 1, 0, DELAY_DEFAULT, 0 }

Then I remade the kernel, gzipped it up as /boot/gnumach.gz and
rebooted.  My el cheapo SCSI card was detected, and I mounted
a SCSI CD-ROM successfully as a test!

Thanks again for your help :^)

                                        Clemmitt