Re: Can um-pppd be made to work?

From: Clemmitt Sigler
Subject: Re: Can um-pppd be made to work?
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 19:00:19 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

On Fri, 11 Oct 2002, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
> Or maybe that, yes.  It was probably a message by me, so it must be right :)
> > Please tell me you meant 4800 baud and not 480 :^D
> I am so sorry.

*LOL*  It seemed that com0 was transmitting to/receiving from my modem
the AT commands faster than 480 baud *chuckle*

> We have quite a few people who already compiled and worked a bit on
> the OSKit version of Mach, maybe I will have a good surprise when I
> come back, hint, hint ;)

I have d'l'd the gnumach_1.90.20020731-1 oskit microkernel but haven't
really played with it yet.  The reason I wanted to build oskit was
to build CVS pulls of the new OSKit Mach.  But I couldn't get oskit
to build natively :^(

Is there somewhere I can find out how to help on this?  A contact
besides you while you're gone?  (I may decide to work on the CD docs for
Philip since he graciously donates his time and effort so people like me
can do easy installs, but I'm willing to help with OSKit Mach if I
can :^)

> I wonder if Neal didn't have it in a README in the um-pppd package, too.

No README or FAQ is provided, and nothing specific to the Hurd besides
a sample config file for debugging via a virtual link/two tun ifaces.
But it does come with a non-Hurd-specific man page....  And userland
ppp seems to be fun to play with, too :^)