Re: Re: "/hurd/isofs: cannot find superblock"

From: Matthew Grant
Subject: Re: Re: "/hurd/isofs: cannot find superblock"
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 08:15:55 -0500

Hi,

I've been meaning to ask bug-hurd about
something like this.  (Had the e-mail
written then I got distracted)I rebuilt the
Hurd from CVS Thursday October 25 and I get
a iso9660fs translator instead of the old
isofs and I get very simliar output.

I check the output of klogd to see If I'm
using the right device for the Cdrom. I also
tried commercial cds and the ones
I burn. In desperation I removed my /dev/hd2
and reran MAKEDEV
to give me a new one.

This might be a different problem entirely
but I figured I'd bring it to the attention
of the folks who actually know what they are
doing : )

Thanks

Matt Grant
homepage: http://seinfeld.arrowstreet.com
The GNU/Hurd webserver that could:
http://hurd.dyndns.org
"Just cuz you got the power, that don't mean
you have the right."-MotorHead from (No
Sleep at All)

---- On Wed, 30 Oct 2002,
kilobug@freesurf.fr (kilobug@freesurf.fr) wrote:

> 30 Oct 2002 12:11:40 -0000, tu as dit :
>
>  > hi,
>  >    settrans -a /cdrom /hurd/isofs
/dev/hd3 gives
>  >    /hurd/isofs: cannot find valid
superblock on device. Any help on
>  > this is welcome.
>
> I think it's a bug on GNU Mach, it happens
to me if I boot with no CD
> in the drive, I've to reboot with the CD
in the drive.

kilobug@freesurf.fr - http://kilobug.free.fr
> GSM         : 06.71.47.18.22 (in France)
 ICQ UIN   : 7299959
> Fingerprint : 1F2C 9804 7505 79DF 95E6
7323 B66B F67B 7103 C5DA

GNU Hurd: http://hurd.gnu.org