Re: Tarball installation problems

From: Tom Hart
Subject: Re: Tarball installation problems
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 13:37:33 -0600

Alfred M. Szmidt wrote:
   I think this problem comes from the fact that the tarball gives me
   an empty /dev directory (except for the MAKEDEV script). =)

Nope, thats not it.  The console tries (this is the short version) to
open a node in /dev, if it can.  If it cannot then it tries
/tmp/console, which it tries to create if it is not there.

Okay.

Check if any IRQ's are shared, that the file-system was formated
correctly (fscked and all that).

I know it can't be IRQ sharing, since I can install using the J2 CD's (but the network doesn't work).

I'll try fscking the disk.

Honestly I don't have any idea what is going on. :-)

Thanks, Alfred. =)

  /  Tom Hart                                      |
 |   hartte13@BrandonU.ca                          |
  \  "rmTFM - Build consistent interfaces."        |