tmpfile64 broken in libc

From: Robert Millan
Subject: tmpfile64 broken in libc
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2003 16:06:12 +0100

Hi!

As Guillem Jover reported [1] to debian bts some time ago, the tmpfile64
function is not present in libc's shared lib (it is present in the static
one, though).

Looking at the source, sysdeps/mach/hurd/tmpfile64.c [2] is only a comment:

  /* tmpfile64 is an alias for tmpfile, defined in tmpfile.c.  */

and sysdeps/mach/hurd/tmpfile.c [3] ends with:

  weak_alias (tmpfile, tmpfile64)

I don't know what this alias thing is, but seems like it isn't working well.
Could someone more clued than me sort it out?

[2]
http://sources.redhat.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/libc/sysdeps/mach/hurd/tmpfile64.c?rev=1.1&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup&cvsroot=glibc
[3]
http://sources.redhat.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/libc/sysdeps/mach/hurd/tmpfile.c?rev=1.3&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup&cvsroot=glibc

thanks,

--
Robert Millan

make: *** No rule to make target `war'.  Stop.

Another world is possible - Just say no to genocide