Re: Install question

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: Install question
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 19:41:17 +0100

I don't remeber if someone answered this or not...

   So my question is, where do I go to download the files needed for
   the non Debian port version of the Hurd?

There doesn't exist an non-Debian port of GNU/Hurd, Debian GNU/Hurd is
the only distribution of a GNU system that uses the Hurd.

   I read Neal Walfield's installation instructions, but after also
   reading the installation instruction on the Debian port cds, I'm
   confused. Is Neal Walfield's instructions for the non Debian port
   version?

No, Neal's guide talks about a tarball that can be found in some
directory on ftp://alpha.gnu.org, this is just a tar'ed up version of
a "fresh" Debian GNU/Hurd installation.

Cheers and hope it answers what you asked.