network problems

From: Manfred Hansen
Subject: network problems
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2003 15:48:06 +0200

Hi,

when i install hurd from the k1 image and i
setup the network all work well. PING TELNET is running

If i the first time make dselect there are install many programms:
Here is the list of the programms:
bc bsdmainutils console-common console-data cron dc dictionaries-common
doc-debian doc-linux-text file finger g++-3.2
  gnumach-dev iamerican ibritish info ispell libc0.3-dev libdb1-compat
libdb4.0 libident libnss-db libpcre3 libpng2
  libssl0.9.7 libstdc++5-dev logrotate man-db manpages manpages-dev mig
mime-support mpack mtools ncurses-term nvi procmail
  rcs sharutils telnet texinfo time vacation wenglish

After that my network didn't work any more.

Here my output from ifconfig after dselect.

lo (1):
   inet address  127.0.0.1
   netmask        255.0.0.0
   flags              UP LOOPBACK RUNNING
   mtu                3924

eth0 (2):
   inet address  192.168.1.8
   netmask        192.168.1.0
   broadcast      255.255.255.255
   flags              UP PROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST
   mtu               1500

ping 192.168.1.8  do nothing.

Regards Manfred Hansen