Re: debian ports

From: James A. Morrison
Subject: Re: debian ports
Date: 31 Mar 2003 10:40:26 -0500

 Have you used debootstrap before?  If not, I suggest  you play with it
a bit on Debian GNU/Linux, then you should play with neighbourhurds for
a bit.  Once you are comfortable with neighbourhurds, then get the patch
for hurd-i386 support for debootstrap from the debian BTS and try
getting a subhurd going using debootstrap.

 Also, instead of a tarball of device files, you can try using a
filesystem image for the device filesystem.

Jim