Re: SSHD on gnu/hurd

From: Robert Millan
Subject: Re: SSHD on gnu/hurd
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 08:31:05 +0200

On Mon, Apr 28, 2003 at 09:49:57PM +0200, Henrik Thostrup Jensen wrote:

> Hi there
>
> I'm trying to get the sshd daemon to work on my newly installed gnu/hurd
> box. The client works fine, and I can do "ssh hurd "echo hello" and it
> works, but at "ssh hurd" it fails with the message:
>
> Connection to hurd closed by remote host.
> Connection to hurd closed.

it's a known bug (related to priviledge separation), see
http://bugs.debian.org/189425

if you (or anyone) want to help, run sshd with the -ddd option
(lots of debugging) and look at the logs to see what happens.

--
Robert Millan

make: *** No rule to make target `war'.  Stop.

Another world is possible - Just say no to genocide