Re: TCPA/Palladium (moved from OT debian-hurd thread)

From: Robert Millan
Subject: Re: TCPA/Palladium (moved from OT debian-hurd thread)
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 16:09:08 +0200

CCing debian-bsd@lists.debian.org

On Thu, May 22, 2003 at 04:24:32AM +0200, Farid Hajji wrote:

> GNU/FreeBSD? Wow, I'm amazed. AFAIK, glibc has not yet
> been ported to FreeBSD... [thanks to *BSD's Linux ABI
> compatibility module, there was no need to do it yet]
> At least, I haven't seen a /usr/ports/emulators/glibc
> port yet :-)

Glibc was recently ported to FreeBSD's kernel by Bruno Haible [1],
and someone even ported it to NetBSD's [2].

I've been working lately [3] on producing a usable GNU/FreeBSD
system [4] based on Bruno's ported Glibc, and we might be able to
start a Debian port with it.

However, we really need help. If someone who reads this is capable
and willing to either:

 - help maintaining the FreeBSD port of Glibc
 - setting up a dedicated GNU/FreeBSD box to give access to (trusted)
   developers

then _please_ pop out now :)

[1] http://sources.redhat.com/ml/libc-alpha/2002-07/msg00061.html
    http://www.haible.de/bruno/gnu-freebsd/
[2] http://www.geocities.com/velcok/netbsd-gnu.html
[3] http://lists.debian.org/debian-bsd/2003/debian-bsd-200305/threads.html
[4] http://people.debian.org/~rmh/gnu-freebsd/

--
Robert Millan

make: *** No rule to make target `war'.  Stop.

Another world is possible - Just say no to genocide