HURD IS NOT BOOTING

From: Jan Rasche
Subject: HURD IS NOT BOOTING
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2003 10:24:24 +0200

Hi  @ Hurd,

I can not boot HURD on my workstation with GRUB and get the following messages:

start /hurd/ext2fs.static: scsidisk I/O error: dev 08:03, sector 28, absolute
sector 29398978

Hurd server bootstrap: ext2fs.static[device:sd0s7] exec

Could it be that Hurd can not boot from higher Cylinders or great partitions?
(I have prepared a small /boot partition for it like for GNU/Linux on the first
sectors, but are
not allowed to initialize and really use it during the install.)

Thanks in advance!

Regards, Jan
Den Komfort von WEB.DE FreeMail nutzen, aber die alten E-Mail-Adressen nicht
aufgeben? Kein Problem: http://freemail.web.de/features/?mc=021128