Re: Help compiling oskit-mach

From: B. Douglas Hilton
Subject: Re: Help compiling oskit-mach
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2003 11:48:00 -0400

I agree 100% here. Gnumach2 is pretty cool, but OSKit is seriously a behemoth and its drivers are aging rapidly also. Unless OSKit gets a major upgrade to Linux 2.4 or 2.6 drivers its uselfullness will unfortunately degrade rather quickly. It works fine for older commodity hardware, but with cheap 2+ GHz machines all over the place now, its hard to justify keeping the old machines. I do keep a Pentium-90 around so I can play Wing Commander Privateer in FreeDOS once in a blue moon, but thats about the only reason.

Actually, I'd probably have a much easier time getting L4 working on my a7n8x. Hmm... do I sniff a weekend project brewing? I've been slacking off for a long time, might be time for a mini-hackathon...

On Fri, 05 Sep 2003 11:08:25 +0300