Re: remote debugging stubs

From: Marco Gerards
Subject: Re: remote debugging stubs
Date: 08 Sep 2003 20:27:50 +0200

Greg Buchholz <sleepingsquirrel@sleepingsquirrel.org> writes:

>       Has anyone out there ever used a serial console for debugging a
> hurd translator at boot time?  I'm looking for the gdb debug stub
> functions (getDebugChar, exceptionHandler, etc) that can be used before
> the hurd is up and running (and after Mach boots).  Specifically, I want
> to attach to an iso9660fs translator setup as a bootstrap filesystem.  If
> anyone can point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it.

If you have a GNU/Hurd installation that works you can use it to boot
another GNU/Hurd installation.  This is called a neighbourhurd (the
old name was subhurd, which is wrong).

You can debug all translators in this neighbourhurd by making it pause
at translator startup.

What is the problem you are having, perhaps someone can help you with
it?

Thanks,
Marco