Re: remote debugging stubs (gdb problems)

From: Greg Buchholz
Subject: Re: remote debugging stubs (gdb problems)
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 05:30:56 +0100 (BST)

On Mon, 8 Sep 2003, Marco Gerards wrote:

> > #boot -D/cdrom servers.boot /dev/hd2
>
> That's seems correct to me.  Using "-d" to pause seems a good idea
> here.  (That's what I meant with the pause to attach).

        Okay, when I attach to the boot process, I can set breakpoints
fine, but when I continue, I get the following message (in gdb)...

Can't wain for pid 174: No child processes.

...then when I hit enter to continue the paused "boot", gdb complains...

Pid 174 died with unknown exit status using SIGKILL
Program termintaed with signal SIGKILL, Killed.
The program no longer exists.

...Does this indicate I'm doing something wrong?

Thanks,

Greg Buchholz