Re: Debian GNU/Hurd K4 does not boot

From: Rahul Saxena
Subject: Re: Debian GNU/Hurd K4 does not boot
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 20:54:38 +0530

On Monday 06 October 2003 07:23 pm, Apurva Mehta wrote:

> No, I am using the grub that I use to boot linux.

make sure your grub boot paramets are similar to the ones given in atleast
install-hurd or the grub images which come with the iso.

also.. what sort of hardware are you using. ! pls cc tothe list.

> I have no idea. I have spent my time learning about the L4
> microkernel. So I do not know anything about Mach, yet.

dude,  from your subject line i believe you are booting hurd on mach and not
L4 anyway hurd does not work on l4. so like it or not you are stuck with
Mach.

 i suggest you  try irc.freenode.net  #hurd.  IMHO its much faster than
email.

have fun

--
Q:      How many lawyers does it take to change a light bulb?
A:      One.  Only it's his light bulb when he's done.