Re: install problems

From: Robert Millan
Subject: Re: install problems
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2003 19:41:47 +0000

On Sun, Oct 12, 2003 at 07:17:33PM +0200, Marian-Nicolae V. Ion wrote:
> Maybe it would be of interest to neote that at the end of booting it
> displayed something like:
>
> <<<<
> Hurd server bootstrap:.... /dev/console: No such file or directory
> /libexec/console-run: Using temporary console /tmp/console
> /libexec/console-run: cannot execute /libexec/runsystem: no such file
> or directory

Maybe related.. I recall having seen some install error like this. Seems
like the /libexec/runsystem symlink is not set. Anyone has an idea on what
happened?

> <<<<<
> Reading Package Lists... DonReading Package Lists... Done
> Building Dependency Tree... Done
> Reading Package Lists... Done
> Building Dependency Tree... Done
> E: Couldn't find package inetutils
> Failed to download the .deb's.

This can be easily fixed but there are more errors. You won't get crosshurd
to work properly untill we upload a properly built coreutils to the archive,
which will take some time.

So you should use the tarball instead. (and wait for someone to comment on the
runsystem link..)

--
Robert Millan

"[..] but the delight and pride of Aule is in the deed of making, and in the
thing made, and neither in possession nor in his own mastery; wherefore he
gives and hoards not, and is free from care, passing ever on to some new work."

 -- J.R.R.T, Ainulindale (Silmarillion)