A brief report on install robertm-tar

From: sigbj-st
Subject: A brief report on install robertm-tar
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2003 17:41:07 +0200

Tried to install Hurd from the robertm-tar file.
On boot the OS seemed successfully to load, and I came all the way to the
sh-2.05b# prompt.

My keyboard qwerty-latin-no was messed up.Every second letter input was not
recognised.After having found out this, I wrote:
\.\/\n\a\t\i\v\e\-\i\n\s\t\a\l\l

This resulted in installation and configuration of a keyboard that worked. I
had to write the command absolutely correct without any type-mistake. A typing
error caused mess-up,and could not be adjusted by backwardkey. The
install-command had to be entered twice to work (double-enter); the first
enter just gave "open/empty" line.

If anybody think this is "interesting" or is of any help, you are welcome to
absorb this "report".

sigbj-st