If QNX is successful, why NOT GNU Microkernels

From: Anand Raj
Subject: If QNX is successful, why NOT GNU Microkernels
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 01:25:14 -0800 (PST)

Hi all,
 QNX is able to be a successful MicroKernel, but why NOT GNUMach / OSKITMach / L4Mach ? So, what could be the problem with GNU Microkernels ? QNX is using GNU tools and they are successful. Where we are lacking ? coding style / documentation / info on creating a MicroKernel ? QNX don't have partition limitation like we have with ext2. Even device driver is also implemented without any problem...
Thanks
Anandraj

Do you Yahoo!?