Re: usable rows in console

From: m_m
Subject: Re: usable rows in console
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 23:39:57 +0000 (UTC)

M. Gerards <metgerards <at> student.han.nl> writes:
> If you use a smaller font you will get more lines I think (I'm not sure
> if this patch is already commited or not...).

really if now I use a smaller font, I've a smaller screen :))

> Which videocard do you have, btw?

two:
intel daytona i740 8 mb ram
nvidia geforce2 mx 32 mb ram

I tried also an MGA chipset 16 mb on a motherboard of a P200
All 3 drivers very good for Debian GNU Hurd K5.

mmh, i think that we can edit in the same way on xterm in the GUI as in console
but, working, the xterms and workspaces give more flexibility and so a windows
manager is better that the console : the problem is about the security because
the windowsmanagers run only as root.
This is the _problem_, IMHO ... i know that for the GNU Hurd developers i'm only
the standard foolish home-user for free-software platform, and this is true too!

Regards,
 m_m