Re: installation problems with the Hurd.

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: installation problems with the Hurd.
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 07:00:18 +0100 (MET)

   I used the installation guide at
   http://www.debian.org/ports/hurd/hurd-install to install the hurd
   (i know it's based on the old guide). I followed all the
   instructions exactly, but when i boot into single-user mode to do
   ./native-install i get tons of pipe errors. A year ago i used the
   original guide to install the hurd on a different machine and i
   think i remember getting the same pipe errors.

Just a random hunch, did you format the file-system correctly?
I.e. mke2fs -o hurd /dev/foo? The `-o hurd' but is quite important.