Re: odd console switching behavior

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: odd console switching behavior
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 12:29:21 +0100 (MET)

   For some reason when i start the vga/pc_kbd console server with 6
   virtual terminals i can only switch to two using alt+f1 or
   alt+f2. I can switch to the other four with alt+(left|right) arrow
   key. Using the ncursesw driver i can switch to all 6 with C-w N
   normally. Has anyone else experienced this?

I think this is some old bug in the console, the Debian package is
quite old so it might still linger there.  Could you try using a fresh
copy from CVS?

   Also i was curious if there is a way to switch to the mach console
   while running console server without terminating. maybe a so-called
   tty0?

C-A-BACKSPACE should do the trick.  Then to reattach just issue your
normal console command...