Re: Minimalistic Hurd ?

From: Eric Olinger
Subject: Re: Minimalistic Hurd ?
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 10:09:17 -0700

On Thu, 17 Jun 2004 17:06:44 +0200
Marco Gerards <metgerards@student.han.nl> wrote:

> There is Bee GNU/Hurd and Gentoo GNU/Hurd as well, but I am not sure
> if those work (and if so, how well they work).  Better use Debian
> GNU/Hurd, most people use that and it works fine.
>From what I can see on the Bee GNU/Hurd site it looks like progress has
stalled as the site hasn't been touched in about 6 months to a year. But
there still might be some life in it. I know all too well the Gentoo
GNU/Hurd project looks dead at times to :)

Gentoo GNU/Hurd is still chugging along at a decent pace but we're not
anywhere close to being ready for users yet. If its a older box
with a smaller hard drive Debian GNU/Hurd is going to probably be a
better choice because its going to be a lot smaller.

--
Eric Olinger

Public Key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xF90FBBC1
Key fingerprint: B678 9E22 1161 51CF 6664 7591 6767 5BDB F90F BBC1

Give a man a password, he'll log in for a day. Teach him to code, and he
will hack his way in...