console not finding plugins (was: Re: patch for xchat to compile on the

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: console not finding plugins (was: Re: patch for xchat to compile on the Hurd)
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2005 00:48:35 +0100

   (Why did you reply to the xchat thread? Please open up a new thread
   with a meaningful subject next time)

Or just rename the subject line like I just did (and you could have
done that instead of continuing with the same subject)

   > how do I tell the console program where they are?

   It should just work[tm].

True, but if it doesn't for whatever reason, one can try doing:

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/where/have/all/the/flowers/gone console -d vga ...

That should work, and if it doesn't: debug.

   <p2-mate> evince ?
   <azeem> a GNOME document viewer
   <p2-mate> like cat ?

Emacs is nicer.