console not finding plugins

From: jls
Subject: console not finding plugins
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 10:31:33 +0100

(sorry for the wrong subject, I wanted to follow uo my other mail and took the
wrong one)

My files are in /lib/hurd/console. Not in /gnu/lib...  that was only from
linux from where I wrote the mail.

I have a Debian System and installed with crosshurd.
Even with setting the PATH with

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/where/have/all/the/flowers/gone

or

export  LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/where/have/all/the/flowers/gone

things cannot be found by the console.

Some more oddity:

/sbin:/usr/sbin etc. are not in the PATH of root. I had to append them
manually. Maybe more is missing?

Joern