kernel hangs after detecting fd0 National Semiconductor on Dell Inspiro

From: nicholse
Subject: kernel hangs after detecting fd0 National Semiconductor on Dell Inspiron 2650
Date: Sat, 14 May 2005 21:05:16 -0000 (UTC)

I opted to go with crosshurd in debian. It installed fine today, last week
it was failing to get packages from the main site. I thought the kernel
might be newer than the mini iso I downloaded however it still hangs after
detecting the National Semiconducttor fd0 floppy. What is my next step? Is
there a kernel option to pass in grub for debug output? Or do I need to
install the mach headers, compile mig then mach without some of the
hardware? This is on a Dell Inspiron 2650.
Aloha, Eric