"swap" format not recognized?

From: blythe2
Subject: "swap" format not recognized?
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2005 16:17:25 -0400 (EDT)

I've got a seemingly good install of the HURD up and running, and I
noticed that it seems a bit slow.  There's only 128 Mb of ram in the box,
and it's an old Duron, but with swap, it should be more than enough.  To
make sure my swap was mounted (I put it in fstab while doing the
single-user configuration steps of the install) I run "mount".

The output shows only the root filesystem loaded!  So I go ahead and run
"mount /dev/hd0s2", which complains that "filesystem type `swap' unknown".

My disk is partitioned thusly:
hd0s1: Debian Sarge, 1 GB, contains boot stuff (I didn't bother to give
boot it's own partition, out of laziness)
hd0s2: Swap paritition, used by the Sarge install, 512 MB
hd0s3: HURD, 18.5 GB

My fstab looks like this:
/dev/hd0s3     /     ext3     rw     1     1
/dev/hd0s2     none  swap     sw     0     0

Any thoughts/help is appreciated.

- Nate