Re: Hurd simply reboots

From: blythe2
Subject: Re: Hurd simply reboots
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 18:11:23 -0400 (EDT)

The -s goes after the final part of the "kernel" line.  No, I haven't
tried the live cd.  I did a few HURD installs some months ago, and did it
from ISO.  This time I installed Debian on the hard drive, and left a nice
parition for hurd.  Then I used wget to get the latest .tar.gz of the
filesystem, and unpacked it to my new hurd filesystem (After formatting
the filesystem, obviously).  After that I just added some stuff to my
menu.lst to boot hurd, and rebooted, and went from there.  It's quite
easy, really, and it guarentees you have the newest version.  The online
guide is good for it too.