ethernet driver porting

From: Javier-Elias Vasquez-Vivas
Subject: ethernet driver porting
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 19:59:53 -0600

Hi,

I'm sure there must be something around this already, but I googled
about it with no results...  I have the following nic according to
lspci (linux):

Ethernet controller:  Broadcom Corporation NetXtreme BCM5702X Gigabit Ethernet

But I haven't seen this card supported by gnumach, at least the
following file doesn't include an option for it:

i386/README-Driver

So I'm wondering if someone already tried porting it.  If so could it
be shared what to do?  If not, I'd like to try, however I was looking
on ways to port any driver to hurd (again using google) without
success, so if possible can pointers be provided so that I can learn
how to do it?  An additional problem is that the only driver I know
working for this card under linux is tg3, which is a 2.4.* kernel, and
I've read several times before gnumach supports only 2.0.* kernel
drivers, any way to overcome this (maybe the pointers can provide
hints to try)?

Javier-Elias Vasquez-Vivas