Re: Freezes

From: kevin bullock
Subject: Re: Freezes
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2005 15:11:14 -0500

pietro wrote:
kevin bullock said:

Thanks to a GNU helper I found I must define my uppermem 500000.
Upon 'boot' I receive:
/boot/gnumach.gz

It freezes at this point.

can you send a copy of your grub menu.lst to the list? also, do you have
any shared IRQs? GNU Mach doesn't work with shared IRQ's.

pietro.

Thank you for writing,
I am unsure if I have an shared IRQs.  I am unsure how to disable them in BIOS.
The GRUB image: ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/grub/grub... I got does not have the menu.lst on the floppy.
When GRUB floppy boots, I type:
uppermem 500000
root=(hd0,0)
kernel=/boot/gnumach.gz root=hd0s1 -s