Re: help me, a beginer!

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: help me, a beginer!
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 18:27:02 +0200

   For example L4 (which we are trying to
   port the Hurd to) is written in C++.

The L4 _implementation_ that is being ported to is written in C++.
One could write a L4 microkernel in C and use it with the Hurd when
all porting is done (assuming the API is the same).

   I'm not sure if optimisation is really a useful thing to work on at
   the moment, though.

One can optimise ext2fs etc.  Some IO optimisation would be very nice
to see.  One doesn't have to optimise Mach, since the Hurd is
unoptimised.