Re: Help on disabling IRQ sharing

From: Praveen Kumar
Subject: Re: Help on disabling IRQ sharing
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 01:56:53 +0530

Thomas Schwinge wrote:

That depends.  ;-)
Shared IRQs between devices that GNU Mach doesn't know about shouldn't be
problematic at all afaIk.
Sometimes you can just switch off devices using the BIOS's setup utility.
It might also help to just compile those drivers into GNU Mach that you
actually need.

Hi Thomas -

Thanks for your suggestion. I have turned off the nForce audio device from the BIOS and I got GNU/Hurd up and running. This is great :-)

Thanks -
Praveen.