Re: USB support.

From: Donny Phillips
Subject: Re: USB support.
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 06:41:32 -0500

Alfred M. Szmidt wrote:

  The K9 iso install went ok using a usb keyboard. I had other
  problems though and did not get it properly installed, but the usb
  keyboard worked.

It might have worked because the USB keyboard used the normal keyboard
interface so that it works early.  Basiclly, it would be a pita to
write a USB driver just so that you can use your keyboard in the BIOS
and stuff that happens before the OS boots up.

I'm not familiar with USB keyboards, or USB devices, but I'm familair
with GNU/Hurd, and it doesn't support USB at all. :-) But it would be
nice if someone implemented such support!

Alfred,
Thank you for explaning that. I did neglect to mention that some keys (other than the control which does not work anyway) did not work correctly.
I may have brought other maladays upon my self using it as well.
I fully reccomend not to try this if you are serious to installing and running the GNU/Hurd OS in any serious form.
cheers
Donny