Re: Problem with X in the HURD

From: Michael Banck
Subject: Re: Problem with X in the HURD
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2006 14:27:02 +0100

On Fri, Feb 17, 2006 at 01:34:10PM +0100, German Fabregat wrote:
>     When I try to start the Xwindow system in the HURD, I get the
> following message from the X server:
>
> "nice of process failed: permision denied"  and the information that
> priority has been to -1 instead of -10 requested.

This is not a fatal error, if you cannot start X at all, something else
must be wrong.

I am not quite sure what the root of this problem is, but nice() is
known to not work correctly on the Hurd I think.

Michael

--
<youpi> you know you became a hurd hacker when you type l root instead
        of su - on a linux box