Need some help with /proc, memory pager and login when running multiuser

From: Jon Jahren
Subject: Need some help with /proc, memory pager and login when running multiuser
Date: Tue, 02 May 2006 22:28:56 +0200

I just installed GNU Hurd today, and I finally got the thing to boot.
So, I've even gotten networking to work, but I have no /proc, thus fdisk
-l fails, and I did a ./MAKEDEV hd0s2(Which I know is the swap partition
on my GNU/Linux system), and tried swapon /dev/hd0s2, which tells me
that there isn't a default pager(memory manager) running.

In addition to all that, I can't login when running in multiuser mode,
it hangs after mounting the root filesystem, not giving me a login.

Other than that, I'm really happy with it finally running on my
computer, does anyone know any links to resources on the web for someone
who want's to try to develop for Hurd/Mach?

Thanks in advance
Regards
Jon Jahren