Re: Getting started in Hurd Development

From: olafBuddenhagen
Subject: Re: Getting started in Hurd Development
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 13:30:45 +0200

Hi,

On Wed, Oct 18, 2006 at 12:32:44AM -0400, Keith Meyer wrote:

> I'm new to the list, but I'm very interested in operating system
> development.
[...]

Note that this list is for user questions. Development takes place on
bug-hurd@gnu.org, as well as on IRC (#hurd on irc.freenode.net).

> After reading up on Mach and Hurd I wanted to become a part of the
> development of it. My only problem is I need a little guidance on
> where to begin with it.

We won't tell you what to do; you need to get familiar with the system,
see what issues are bothering you most, and find a suitable task to work
on. We can answer specific questions, though :-)

-antrik-