Re: Hurd and Unix/Linux and Plan9 features

From: Shams
Subject: Re: Hurd and Unix/Linux and Plan9 features
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2007 13:26:03 +1300

Does this mean that something like "cd .." or "ls .." will no work in
ngHurd?

Is the primary reason for not supporting hardlinks due to the fact
that the programmer has to decide whether doing a cd .. from inside
a hard linked directory will move up to the parent directory of where
the hard link resides or should it be the parent of the actual target?

Thanks
Shams