Re: gnome in x

From: Michael Banck
Subject: Re: gnome in x
Date: Wed, 9 May 2007 11:30:40 +0200

On Wed, May 09, 2007 at 07:02:00AM +0530, kiran chand wrote:
> hi
>      hw can we configure gnome in hurd???hw the packages can be installed
> >from the k14 2,3,4 cd's at a stretch...we have tried apt add cdrom and all
> but it doesnt works....is there any way to install all the cd's without
> failing dependencies????

Gnome isn't installable out-of-the-box right now and never has been.

After the toolchain issues have been sorted out, I plan to take another
look at Gnome again (for unstable, lots of packages need rebuilding;
unfortunately, Gnome still breaks pretty easily when new versions are
uploaded through to fragile versioned dependencies).

Another issue might be the orbit tcp vs. socket stuff, I haven't taken a
look recently whether some additional configuration is needed there.

In any case, this will take another few weeks I'm afraid.

Michael