Re: AMD X2

From: Thomas Schwinge
Subject: Re: AMD X2
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 22:13:39 +0200

HellO!

On Wed, Jun 27, 2007 at 07:25:20PM +0200, Jose Luis Alarcon Sanchez wrote:
> I'm planning get an AMD X2 box and i want to ask you if
> GNU/Hurd can run on this kind of computers.

That's a 64 bit architecture, right?

> I hope yes, cos they have x86 compatibility.

It may work, but we had a number of reports that either the current GNU
Mach kernel or the GNU Hurd servers misbehaved when running on such an
emulation layer.

As I said, we had a number of reports that it didn't work -- I don't know
if we ever had someone to report that it _does_ work.  (Unless asked
explicitly, most people of course won't report back if it does work,
though.  So if you get to try it and it does work, please tell us.)

Regards,
 Thomas