Re: about GNU Hurd

From: Michael Banck
Subject: Re: about GNU Hurd
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 13:42:28 +0200

On Mon, Jul 16, 2007 at 05:01:02PM +0530, arnuld wrote:
> >What is the question?
>
> i meant, why the GNU Hurd has no ISOs when Debian GNU/Hurd has it.
> IOW, when we  are going to have offical GNU ISOs ?

Probably after the package manager and the installation have been
finalized, i.e. there's lots of work to do before; you might get a
better answer if you ask on gnu-system-discuss, though, as none of the
current Hurd/Mach developers is involved in the GNU distribution
development, AFAIK.

> >archives for that list.  Discussion and development has been rather slow
> >over the last year or so, however, I believe.
>
> yes, latest message was posted in Jan this year and 2nd latest was
> post din Sep last year. seems like nobody is working on official
> package manager.

Just because no messages have been posted does not mean nobody is
working on it.  It might be the case, though.  Again, asking there is
probably better.

Michael