Re: console

From: Thomas Schwinge
Subject: Re: console
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2007 12:33:49 +0200

Hello!

On Sun, Oct 07, 2007 at 05:40:22PM -0400, faif@gnu.org wrote:
> I used to execute this line to start the hurd console, but now it is
> creating a segmentation fault. Any ideas about the problem (due to
> upate of some library, etc)?
>
> console -d vga -d pc_mouse --repeat=mouse -d pc_kbd --repeat=kbd -d
> generic_speaker -c /dev/vcs

Additionally to following Michael Bank's hints you could also use GDB to
track down when it's faulting.

Run it like this and post the lines here.

#v+
# gdb --args console [...]
[...]
(gdb) run
[...]
[Segmentation fault.]
(gdb) bt
[...]
#v-

If you're one a Debian GNU/Hurd system, you'll have to have the hurd-dbg
package installed, and perhaps libc0.3-dbg as well.

Regards,
 Thomas