Re: Salatov's problems with Mach kernel loading

From: Michael Banck
Subject: Re: Salatov's problems with Mach kernel loading
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 12:15:46 +0100

On Fri, Mar 28, 2008 at 03:51:27PM +0300, A.Salatov wrote:
> Not that, firstly I had try to load Hurd with servers and not just Mach
> kernel alone, but with same result as I previusly describe, with
> servers or without them. What I seen: Kernel found IDE disk and
> something else, then pause for a moment and then there is quickly
> displayed bunch of messages from kernel, and after that computer going
> to reboot. To me, it is looked like there in kernel some thing is going
> wrong and I suppose that someone will bring to me an log file from Hurd
> normal loading like in Linux (I mean /var/log/syslog), if Mach have such
> feature. If any one will do that, then I will be able to try understand
> what problems there are, by myself, and with help of others of course.

Install the gnumach-dbg package and modify the grub kernel line to
/boot/gnumach-dbg.gz.  Then, Mach should drop you into the kernel
debugger on panics and you should be able to see the error.

What kind of machine is this? Virtual machine/real machine? If a real
machine, what CPU and chipset?

Michael