Hurd fails to run

From: Jakub Daniel
Subject: Hurd fails to run
Date: Thu, 01 May 2008 12:21:08 +0200

Hello
I wanted to test Hurd so i could help but i have few problems.
using Debian GNU/Hurd K16

1) I couldnt make the installer work on my desktop, it just didnt
recognize any hard drive no matter what i chose as the install option.

2) At first i had difficulties to make the installation handle correctly
the swap area on my laptop. it freezed while erasing it (it might have
been too big, maybe)

3) Now i have a partition with HURD and thx to debian install dvd i
could also put GRUB in there so i thought it would be running flawlessly
since then.. but it doesnt

it gets to line
start /hurd/ext2fs.static: /hurd/ext2fs.static: device:sd0s1: No such
device or address

and there it dies

any idea? i would like to follow any instructions you could give me to
determine more precisely where the problem is.. thx for reading this
(sry if its a banality but i am completely new to GNU/Hurd and GNU/Mach
things :))