e2os

From: മഹേഷ് മുകുന്ദന് | Mahesh M
Subject: e2os
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2008 20:56:47 +0530

Is e2os an alternative that is done if one forgets to assign ownership of FS to hurd? If so ow it should be done and from where?

I copied the qemu image provided by debian to a slice that already had an older Hurd, copied the grub details from the image's grub and tried booting. It says that the FS is mounted readonly. It worked fine with the qemu but in the device as such i am getting only partial working.

Also to my surprise, I got GNU directly communicating via my eth0 without even configuring qemu or GNU. Is it reeally possible when I didnt even add -net nic and all..?

--
Mahesh M
Happy hacking...