Re: Gnu hurd installation nativ-install fails.

From: Carl Fredrik Hammar
Subject: Re: Gnu hurd installation nativ-install fails.
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 12:30:30 +0100

Hi,

On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 11:49:30AM +0100, Enaut Waldmeier wrote:
> 2010/2/26 <olafBuddenhagen@gmx.net>
> > On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 04:33:27PM +0100, Enaut Waldmeier wrote:
> >
> > > sudo crosshurd
> > [...]
> > >     symlink to usr
> >
> Ok might be that there are additional problems with the symlink but the swap
> partition fixed the installproblems quite well. :)
> The system is up and running.

Oh, so it was low memory.  Instructions for activating swap before
native-install should really get into the official install instructions,
but I don't know how modify them myself.

> > This is probably responsible for some of the problems: The symlink is
> > not really supported anymore in Debian.
> >
> > I thought the option was dropped from crosshurd a while back. What
> > version are you using?...
> >
> the one from ubuntu-repositories. The script is not very verbose about its
> version but the packageversion is 1.7.33

That is the version in Debian stable.  The newest version is 1.7.37, which
is in Debian testing.  I'm not sure if there is an equivalent in Ubuntu.

Regards,
  Fredrik