Re: Mentor?

From: olafBuddenhagen
Subject: Re: Mentor?
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2011 02:30:20 +0200

Hi,

On Tue, Apr 05, 2011 at 10:10:47AM -0500, Tyler Earman wrote:

> Maybe I'm dreaming of grandeur,

That depends entirely on your skills and stamina :-)

> but rewriting the TCP/IP stack is looking like an interesting project.

OK. I need to warn you though that someone already expressed interest in
this task. (I'm assuming here that it wasn't you...)

This is not a task that will be finished in one summer; so perhaps you
could work together with the GSoC student on further development
afterwards... But this would have to wait till after GSoC. Might need
something else to keep you occupied till then :-)

> > Another popular starter's project, after getting a GNU/Hurd system
> > going, would be making your favorite Debian package (or Arch Hurd
> > package, of course) build, if it doesn't already.
> >

> I'll get started on that soon.

Great :-)

-antrik-