Re: Debian/Hurd install problem in V.Box

From: Samuel Thibault
Subject: Re: Debian/Hurd install problem in V.Box
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2011 14:55:31 +0200

Dave O, le Thu 28 Apr 2011 14:46:57 -0400, a écrit :
>     After struggling with getting the GNU/Hurd running under VirtualBox 3.x
> and
>     4.x under both Linux and Windows...

What problems did you meet?

>     Would there be any interest in my documenting the V.Box configuration and
>     Hurd installation procedure?

Add it to the wiki: http://www.gnu.org/software/hurd/hurd/running.html

Please only write the virtualbox-specific things, do not repeat what is
already explained on
http://www.debian.org/ports/hurd/hurd-cd
http://www.debian.org/ports/hurd/hurd-install

>     Perhaps I could create a compressed V.Box/Hurd image for those who quickly
>     just want to start using GNU/Hurd ?

Well, the qemu image that we already provide should be runnable fine in vbox.

Samuel