httpfs troubles

From: Jonathan D. Proulx
Subject: httpfs troubles
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2017 20:42:25 -0400

Hi All,

Just started poking at Hurd after long absence using Debian GNU/Hurd
image on KVM.

Having trouble getting httpfs translator to do what I expect (and am
pretty shoure I had it doing 5 years ago)

I can curl text file from http://people.csail.mit.edu/jon/hurd.txt

I expect I can do:
settrans -a -c hurd /hurd/httpfs -D -M file people.csail.mit.edu/jon/hurd.txt

when I do it says "entering the main loop", but when I

demo@gnu-hurd:~$ cat hurd

trying to open people.csail.mit.edu:80/http://people.csail.mit.edu/jon/
Error Page not Accesible
400 Bad Request
cat: hurd: Bad file descriptor

If I drop the '-a' and set it as passive I get teh dabfile descriptor
but miss the debug output -D gives me in the active translator

am I broken or is httpfs currently broken? Hoping for the former but...

tcpdump  shows hurd is sending:

HEAD http://people.csail.mit.edu/jon/ HTTP/1.0

Server gives 400 Bad Request (as bubbled up above) server really wants:

HEAD /jon/ HTTP/1.0
Host: people.csail.mit.edu

So maybe it is the translator? Still hoping bad request os result of
my bad syntax.

Thanks,
-Jon